Requirements for students
All students working in the labs must have completed the following:
- General Safety & Emergency Preparedness EHS-4200*
- Chemical Safety for Laboratories EHS-1900*
- Complete a walk-through of the lab with your PI
- Complete training on the equipment that you will be using in the lab
- All students must be trained and cleared to use the mill and other machines in Room B10A by Bill Sabala
* Register for these online course through Axess, click on the Training tab, Search Catalog for the course number. Print a copy of the completed training verification and give to your administrator and PI.
Emergency contact information
In the event of a serious accident/illness in the lab:
- Call 9-911 from the lab phone, or 911 on your cell phone;
- Once the patient has been taken care of, call EH&S at 5-9999 immediately to report the accident;
- Contact your PI and administrator.
In the event of a chemical spill or other hazardous situation:
- Call EH&S at 5-999 IMMEDIATELY; they will instruct you on how to clean up the spill
- Inform your administrator as soon as possible after the accident.
Stanford Environmental Health and Safety provides continually updated health and safety information in the following areas: Laboratory Safety, Accident/Emergency Reporting, Emergency Preparedness, Earthquake Safety, Fire Safety, Weather Emergencies, Ergonomics/Office Safety, Contact Information.