Skip to content Skip to navigation

Student Aid

Graduate student aid

MS and PhD Students

Applicants accepted into the MS program in Civil and Environmental Engineering will be considered for a limited number of partial and full financial aid packages based on merit. Financial aid may take the form of fellowships, teaching assistantships and research assistantships. Students are also encouraged to apply for outside fellowships.

Applicants accepted into the PhD program in Civil and Environmental Engineering are funded by a research assistantship provided by a faculty member or by an external fellowship. Students are encouraged to discuss their application with a faculty member prior to submitting it.

More information is available through Stanford admissions.

MAP Sustainable Energy Fellowships

Students are encouraged to apply for 12- or 24-week fellowships sponsored by MAP Royalty (MAP). This program matches students with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) such as the Rocky Mountain Institute, Natural Resources Defense Council, the Union of Concerned Scientists and Worldwatch Institute, chosen based on their efforts to identify and solve the challenges of developing a more sustainable energy future.

Find more information about fellowships.