- October 16, 2020
CEE Alumna Dr. Tracy Mandel receives the 2018 Lorenz G. Straub award
- Dr. Mandel received the award for her 2018 PhD dissertation entitled "Free Surface Dynamics in the Presence of Submerged Canopies"
- Alumni, Awards, Water
- July 08, 2020
CEE alum Michelle DiBenedetto wins APS Dissertation Award!
- Dr. Michelle DiBenedetto, a 2019 PhD graduate from Prof. Nick Ouellette's lab, was selected by the APS Division of Fluid Mechanics to receive their 2020 Andreas Acrivos Dissertatio
- Alumni, Awards, Announcements
- June 30, 2020
Stanford CEE Alumni Jon Bradshaw wins Paul F. Boulos Excellence in Computational Hydraulics/Hydrology Award
- CEE Alumni Jonathan L. Bradshaw, Ph.D '19, has won the internationally recognized Paul F. Boulos Excellence in Computational Hydraulics/Hydrology Award for 2020
- Awards, Announcements, Alumni
- October 18, 2017
CEE Alumni on the hunt for brain-eating amoebas in Yellowstone
- Alumni, Water, Faculty
- July 11, 2017
A new ‘high rise’ chip breaks computing’s data bottleneck in two ways
- Silicon chips are single story, but using new semiconductor materials, engineers can stack computer logic and memory like floors in a building to bust data traffic jams.
- Faculty, Alumni, In the News
- April 04, 2016
Stanford's Codiga Resource Recovery Center to open in May
- The new Codiga Resource Recovery Center could revolutionize the 100-year-old wastewater treatment paradigm while it helps accelerate the commercialization of promising new technolo
- Water, Energy, Infrastructure
- May 11, 2015
Stanford researchers create a promising solution for urban toilets in Haiti and elsewhere
- Portable dry toilet and waste service system prove effective in Haiti's urban slums and can help solve the problem of "flying toilets."
- Public Health, Infrastructure, In the News
- April 01, 2014
Stanford School of Engineering names new engineering heroes
- A Nobel Prize winner, Google's founders, the first American woman in space and others honored for their contributions to technology and society.
- Announcements, Faculty, Alumni
- August 26, 2013
Stanford alum named Federal Engineer of the Year for clean-water work overseas
- Richard Gelting says his interdisciplinary training at Stanford has aided his efforts to help some of the 800 million people who lack clean water.
- Water, Alumni, Public Health
- August 02, 2013
Powered by the sun: Stanford students add solar panels to their zero-emissions house
- Engineering students put low-weight, thin-film solar panels on Start.Home to lower installation costs while getting the best energy payback.
- Students, Announcements, Energy