Visit Day for Prospective Graduate Students in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department
As we follow the spread of COVID-19 worldwide, the CEE Department canceled the on-campus components of Visit Day 2020.
Admitted students received links to virtual information sessions.
If you missed the sessions, please see below for links to video recordings:
CEE Dept Chair's Welcome Visit Day 2020
Once a year the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Stanford University invites all prospective graduate students who have been offered admission to any of the following programs to attend Visit Day:
- Atmosphere/Energy (AE)
- Environmental Engineering (EE)
- Sustainable Design Construction (SDC)
- Structural Engineering & Geomechanics (SEG)
RSVP HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/VpO5du8x9aeUdEra2
Typical Department Visit Day Activities
|7:45 am - 8:30 am||Registration and continental breakfast in Huang Engineering Center - Mackenzie Room 300|
|8:30 am -9:30 am||Department chair presentation: General Orientation|
|9:30 am - 11:30 am||Prospective student visitors divide into academic specialties for Group Coordinator-planned activities.|
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Lunch - Huang Engineering Center, Mackenzie Room 300|
|12:30 pm - 5:00 pm||Program-specific orientation, campus tour, individual appointments with faculty members.|
|12:45 pm and 1:45 pm||
12:45 Tour Meet at Huang Engineering Center, Mackenzie Room 300
1:45 Tour Meet at Y2E2, Red Atrium Social Entry ( Coupa Cafe)
- Hotel Reservations: It is up to each individual to arrange airline flight, make hotel resvervations, and ground transportation to and from campus.
- Dress Code: Please dress in business casual. For gentlemen, this would be khakis and collared shirts. For ladies, this would be casual pants or skirts and appropriate knit tops. No suits, please.
- Luggage: If you are arriving directly to campus on Thursday morning, you can store luggage with us. However, you will have to get it by 5pm on Thursday.
- Weather: This time of year, the weather here can range from highs in the mid-60's to lows in the low-40's, with a slight chance of rain. Please pack an umbrella.
- Getting to Huang Engineering Center (HEC): Free Shuttle from Caltrain, Palo Alto Station to Y2E2 stop.
- Location, maps, directions, parking and lodging
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name along with the name of the program to which you have been offered admission.
Map to Yang & Yamazaki Environment and Energy Building (Y2E2) at Stanford University.