Main content start
University Graduate Program Application Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for admission to graduate programs at Stanford, applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold before enrollment at Stanford, a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Applicants from institutions outside the U.S. must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing. Please see the minimum level of study required of international applicants.
Not Required for Admission to Graduate Programs in Civil & Environmental Engineering
We do not require:
- A minimum GPA (grade point average)
- Particular fields of undergraduate/graduate study
- Other graduate degrees
- GRE scores are not considered
Once you’ve decided to apply, take time to familiarize yourself with How to Apply